Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Common Focus for Unity

Thursday, August 23, 2012
I have been pondering many a thing this morning….unalienable rights education, independence….and how outspoken I seem to have become!  At some level in my being, it is really uncomfortable to discuss politics – especially out loud!  It can be scary to share my opinions and process yet I get the idea I’m not alone in my frustration.  Part of me would like to go back into my “shell” and ignore the whole thing but I have come to recognize that it is through this process of “discussion” that clarity is birthed and direction is made clear.  How else can we create something more in alignment with who we are and what we desire?
I’ve written before about the disappearance of the “middle.”  Politically, we seem to have a crisis-level case of polarization.  However, I’m confident that as more people – especially women – speak up and take an active part in moving the discussions to new and more conscious levels that we indeed will create systemic change of the incredible and brilliant kind. 
I sense it is probably clear where my heart lies as far as priorities for a new, updated version of “America.”  Life…Liberty….the pursuit of Happiness…. Equality…and Independence have become not only my mantras of sorts but spiritual values which I hold above all others.  I don’t believe I’m out of line when I say that “I am not alone.”  For me, these characteristics of God-Consciousness-Source are the essentials of a unifying focus which can bring us back to “center” and the recognition that we all come from the same team.  There is only One….and each of us as a unique expression of that One has an irrevocable membership. 
For me, it seems important that we personally take the opportunity and make a commitment to understand these “cannot-be-separated-from” characteristics.  What is the meaning of Life….Liberty….the pursuit of Happiness?  What does it feel like to be independent?  What is the essence of equality – and how does all this relate to God?
These are the questions that not only need but deserve pondering.  It is through the understanding of these unalienable rights that a connection to unity becomes possible - unity within an individual, a family, organization, country, the world community including “politically.”  In my opinion, it is a lack of understanding that keeps us in “battle” continually attempting to prove ourselves “right” – and someone else “wrong.”  When we understand and live from these unalienable rights, there no longer exists a reason for battle – unless there arises an attempt to deny these rights to an individual or collective.  When we can come from an understanding of these most basic rights, debate becomes an opportunity to co-create and opinion a non-threatening mechanism to learn more about each other and ourselves.
With these thoughts in mind, I will continue to relish my own experiences leading to an ever-deepening understanding of these unalienable characteristics.  And I choose to maintain and hold-fast the vision of unity for each and every one of us.  
Much love,
Karrie

No comments:

Post a Comment