Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting Down to Basics - Questions for Candidates!

July 25, 2012
I have been pondering the passion I have displayed over the last few weeks regarding the political arena as well as the founding principles of this nation.  They are of course related. I recognize with growing curiosity the polarization that has taken the political system hostage - at least in regard to legislative business and doing what’s best for the country as a whole.  In general, I just don’t get it.  I really don’t want to elect anyone who isn’t willing to legislate on behalf of everyone.  Nor do I desire to vote for someone who puts their party or campaign contributors ahead of “the right thing to do.” 
Though I believe everyone has the capability of connecting with an honorable, integrity-based, soul-led part of themselves, I question the presence of two other essential components – awareness and courage.  Without awareness of that which is calling, a person is easily sucked into the divisive, mob-like mentality and power of polarization – unable to look from a higher level and unwilling to stay open to Truth.    Even with awareness, someone without courage dies the slow, agonizing death of one who knows what needs to be done – hears the call of the soul - but doesn’t have what it takes to do it.  It takes awareness and a great deal of courage to step beyond the power of party, culture or religion (to name a few) and speak Truth as dictated by our own higher guidance.  And this is what is being demanded of each of each and every one of us in order to move beyond polarization and co-create something new.
Sometimes I wonder if any of us really knows what the parties stand for anymore.  What is it we really want?  Do we really think one of the parties represents us on every single issue?  What if I’m a pro-choice advocate but I don’t believe the government has a role in healthcare?  What if I believe in same-sex marriage and that the government has a role in healthcare but I want the right to own a gun and walk the streets with it strapped to my thigh?  Unfortunately, which ever party “wins”, believes they have the will of the people behind them– yet really hasn’t a clue which issues persuaded a voter to vote for them in the first place.    
Here’s what I want to know from candidates (to start)….
1)    Are you willing to vote in alignment with what you know to be right in your heart and soul – regardless of party, religion or culture?
2)    Do you believe in independence….equality….life….liberty….and the pursuit of happiness?  What does each of these mean to you?  Be specific.
3)    Given your answers in #1 and #2, what is the government’s purpose and role?  What will you do to assist with the alignment of the government with this purpose?
4)    If elected how will you work to maintain, support and facilitate the understanding and living from these unalienable rights?
5)  Are you open to other perspectives, co-creative solutions and debating in order to create something better?
Hmmm….in this moment, I am considering sending my list to those who I will be considering on the ballot….this may be quite interesting… I am really curious as to what the responses (if any) will be?  It could be eye opening….it may even shift my own polarized views!  I will let you know!  I like it…..
In love with the Unalienables,
Karrie

No comments:

Post a Comment