Tuesday, November 6, 2012

After the Election....

Tuesday, November 6, 2012
I’m sure I’m not the only one with Election 2012 on her mind.  In my opinion, this election is historic in the level of polarization – an evenly divided citizenry supporting 2 almost totally opposite platforms.  Emotions are running high and I have even heard people on both sides of the fence say “I will kill myself if ____ is elected” or “I’m moving to Canada if ____ is elected.”  The intensity is incredible - and perhaps unprecedented.     
This morning I find myself pondering my possible responses to the results later this evening.  I realize I have my own depth of feelings and attachment to who I would like to see “win.”  I recognize the anger I may need to deal with and have to ask myself whether or not I can be “part of the solution” no matter the winner?

When I step back and attempt to feel into the nation’s response to the results, I become acutely aware of the fact that whoever wins, 50% of the voting citizens will be angry.  With this awareness, I realize that it’s going to be tough either way.  The extreme nature of the party platforms and the deep divide within the electorate make it difficult for agreement and collaboration.  No matter the winner, it appears the battle will continue. 
A couple of months ago, I listened to a channeling of The Divine Mother during which she spoke briefly in regard to the intense polarization and the 2 major parties in general.  She referred to the idea that there was a 3rd choice - the Heart.  At that time – and until now – I wasn’t sure what she meant.  (There wasn’t a box on the ballot for “the Heart!”) Now, I understand.  With the recognition that 50% of the people are going to be intensely upset regardless of who wins this election – and the fact that this brings more destructive battling – it becomes clear that the only choice in order to move beyond the battle is to begin doing our thinking with the Heart.   The Heart is the only way to go beyond “right and wrong.”  As long as we are stuck in “sides” and a “right” and a “wrong,” there can be no solutions.  In order to assist our nation in moving forward, each of us is going to need compassion to hear the heart of another; patience to take the time to really listen to ourselves and others; courage to speak and act; and a committed focus forward toward what we really desire to create together.  
With this recognition, I believe I can be a part of the solution.  This doesn’t mean compromising values but it does mean making greater efforts to listen and understand in order to find the creative direction essential in collaboration.  It means continuing my own deepening of understanding in regard to freedom, and it means doing my best to respond from my heart knowing together we can create anything.
So here’s to Election 2012…and my own hopes and desires for a new beginning.
Much love,
Karrie

No comments:

Post a Comment