Friday, November 16, 2012

Moving Forward!

Friday, November 16, 2012
Since the election, I have been contemplating moving forward.  For me, this particular election was an incredibly personal experience.  It was a catalyst for an even deeper understanding of who I am and the work I need to do personally in order to help us move forward collectively.  Over the past several months, I did a lot of meaningful (and sometimes unpleasant) soul searching in order to surface my own polarized beliefs.  For instance, I strongly believe in and promote collaborative processes which require respect, integrity and listening.  However, I discovered that I was refusing to give one particular party even one iota of respect or understanding.  I held them in complete contempt and was not interested in hearing what they had to say or offer.  I had to deal with a lot of unpleasant feelings – anger, frustration, betrayal and even “hate.”  My search for “relief” took me to a greater understanding of freedom as well as my own fear-based need to control.  I came face-to-face with the real battle which is within me and mirrored by the battle without.  The election of 2012 was indeed a “super storm” when it came to uprooting, uncovering and baring many an outdated, undesired and polarizing belief.  I give thanks…..and will pass on any offers to repeat it.
So….how do I move forward?  How do I support getting beyond the “right and wrong,” the opposing ideologies and the bruised or “puffed up” egos?  First, I have to take care of my own inner “polarization.”  I have to be aware of the battle within me – mainly the unconscious battle to not be me.  I have to be aware of my own automated system focused on being, acting or looking like something I’m not.  When I make the conscious choice to be Karrie and accept how Karrie feels, looks and thinks, I don’t have the angst of battle – and this is reflected in my outer experiences.  Second, focusing on what needs to be addressed and viewing it is a creative project takes away the angst or need to put on my armor.   When I am interacting with others, I can focus on listening, understanding and the possibilities rather than opposing ideologies and differences.  Buckminster Fuller once said, “You don’t fix the old reality.  You create the new reality.”  To me, this means I’m not going to get anywhere focusing on what’s wrong and who’s to blame.  Instead, I can give my attention to a creative endeavor intended to bring about new solutions and “realities.”  I can assist with this new way of collaborating by focusing on the issue creatively - rather than defending, defining or denying according to premeditated plans. I can stay open to listening and building upon ideas presented - rather than closed, demanding or blaming.
For me, this is going to take some awareness and discipline.  I will need to stay conscious of keeping the issue and possible solutions as the focus.  I will have to keep reminding myself of the process of co-creation which is synergistic, synchronistic and constructive.  This being said, I am willing and ready to release the “battle”, the “sides” and the destructive stubbornness.  I am committed to doing my part in creating a new “standard” of interaction, problem solving and co-creation.  I am dedicated to being a part of the solution.
Today is a new day comprised of an infinite amount of brand new moments….I’m excited about the possibilities….
Much love,
Karrie 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome-ness! Well spoken! I am in agreement for myself too :)
    Thank you Karrie for allowing us to enjoy your process and see ourselves in it!
    Love and blessings,

    Ray Dawn

    ReplyDelete