Friday, September 14, 2012

The Polarized Energy Bomb!

Friday, September 14, 2012
For a week or so, I have attempted to stay away (as much as possible) from political discussions as well as political news on television.  I don’t like the constant negativity or the feel of “polarized battle.”  Though I have dealt to some extent with the character within me that has always been ready to “unsheathe its sword” in any moment – I know enough not to spend too much time in what might be considered a “target rich” environment.  Though this inner archetype has been somewhat suppressed for much of my life, it has found its way to the surface in perfect “2012-no-shadows-can-remained-hidden” fashion.
I have thought much about the American political system.  Since the beginning, ours has been a 2-party system – and it has worked.  Simply put, a 2-party system allows for a true majority where a 3-party arrangement further splits the vote allowing a less than 50% majority.  However, a two-party system is prone to the divisive “us and them” mentality, and at its worst, intense polarization where the middle disappears, opposites battle it out and collaboration becomes impossible.  (Sound familiar?)
As I sat back and felt into the current state of affairs, it suddenly became clear that the incredible political polarization we are – and have been - experiencing has developed a life of its own – a life we are constantly feeding unbeknownst to us.  What?!  I began to observe that any conversation I entered around the current political election charged the “air” with more “polarized” energy.  It didn’t matter who I was speaking with or what “side of the fence” they sat.  I suddenly became acutely aware of the tremendous power (charged with anger and hatred) that has been generated – and not released – due to the current polarized state of affairs.  And every time I (we) enter a conversation (and carry any level of polarized energy within us) – this “energy bomb” builds in capacity.  It’s like being in a room that is constantly filling with highly combustible fuel or natural gas, not knowing that any little spark could ignite an explosion of fantastical proportions.  And this is the energy that is currently growing around us!  (Big-eyed W-O-W!)  Makes you think, doesn’t it?!  (Does the Middle East come to mind?)  The energy for large-scale transformation is increasing every moment - and it occurs to me that I need to wake up and consciously hold a different space!
In my current belief system, December 2012 marks a time when the consciousness of humanity begins to tilt from separation (polarization) toward unity.  I can only assume that this birthing process can be experienced less “painfully” if the “energy bombs” can be lessened in intensity by each of us bringing home our own balance and welcoming our own consciousness.  As I wake up to the situation – and amazing times of which we are a part - I desire to consciously hold a more balanced sense of energy.  I desire to stay in my center and practice unconditional love (non-judgment) with myself and all others.  After all, we are all in this together…. We are all members of the same team… The structures around us reflect the structures within us….this includes politics and government.  The battle without IS the battle within – and that makes things a lot less overwhelming and a lot easier to handle.  We can do it!  Yes we can.
Much love,
Karrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment