Sunday, September 16, 2012

In Search of Balance

Sunday, September 16, 2012
This morning I am contemplating balance and completeness.  What does it feel like to be in balance?  When I feel into “balance,” I get a vision/sensation of what I refer to as “the arm.”  When I hold one of my arms straight up into the air, there is a point when it comes into balance.  When the arm is in that position, I could hold it there “forever” without tiring.  It’s almost like gravity ceases to have an influence.  There’s no resistance; no heaviness.   My arm feels as “light as a feather.”  Whereas when I hold my arm out to the side or even a little off the “balanced” position, I feel the resistance and the weight of the arm.  For me, this clear, clean, “light as a feather” feeling is what it feels like when I am in balance.
Another concept I have been pondering as of late is the idea of completeness.  Somewhere within me is the recognition that each of us is complete.  Most of us don’t know this (including me).  For some reason, we believe we are incomplete… less than whole….deficient….imperfect.  It has occurred to me that perhaps I feel this way because of some of the feelings I have….guilt, anger, not good enough, etc…..which may present themselves many times because I’m unconsciously attempting to “fit in.”  What has also come to me is that perhaps I have some of these feelings because I’m not where I’m supposed to be – I’m not listening to what’s calling me.  Instead I put myself in positions where I believe I should be, where it would be impolite not to be.  Now…sometimes I have other issues that I need to address (rogue archetypes, for instance)…..AND SOMETIMES, I have put myself in a position that is not in alignment with what’s really calling me.  One of my realizations this morning is that when I put myself in a position that doesn’t feel good, I open myself to imbalance.  I don’t always have to know “why” something doesn’t feel good.  I just have to pay attention to the fact that it doesn’t.  In these instances, I need to ask myself, “What’s calling me?” and then take the appropriate action.  This simple little question seems to take away all the angst.  Why?  Because the Universe is always moving itself toward balance – all I have to do is listen.  (Warning:  I have found if I don’t take the appropriate action, I cause myself some un-needed “suffering.” Yuck and ouch!) 
I believe that each and every one of us has come into this existence “complete.”  We have everything we need to maintain a “balanced system.”  We are not deficient in any way, shape or form when it comes to our own unique, one-of-a-kind expression.  We really don’t need others to “fix” us - and we don’t need to “fix” others.  We are capable of rebalancing ourselves just by listening to what’s calling us.  
So….what I have “received” this morning is a deeper understanding of my own completeness.  I am whole – there is nothing “wrong” with me.  In my natural state, I am balanced and I have been given everything I need to maintain that balance – all I have to do is listen.  Whew….
Much love,
Karrie
    

No comments:

Post a Comment