Monday, September 9, 2013

I've made a decision....


Monday, September 9, 2013

I’ve made a decision.  I’ve decided my vote is to not support a military strike in Syria.  For the last week or so, I’ve been at a crossroads – philosophically and consciously.  Thanks to all the conversations at home, on the internet and over the airwaves, I feel much clearer.  A big thank you to my friend, Ted Bynum, who expressed the importance for each of us to make a decision within ourselves.  This made an impression on me.  After all, if I expect the President and Congress to make such a decision, then I need to have the courage to make one as well.  This being said, I don’t feel it’s important to argue a position.  It just felt important to come to a conclusion.  If the powers that be make a different choice, so be it.  I will continue to hold space for Syria and its process…as well as the United States and the World as we experience our process. 
What is miraculous at this time is all the conversations that are happening.  The world is weighing in….debates, votes, decisions and contemplation by the masses.  This is the process of conscious decision-making as well as enlightened democracy.  Representatives are crossing party lines - which in itself is somewhat of a miracle.  People are speaking from their beliefs, hearts and consciousness rather than strict party rhetoric.  The metaphysical forces of holding space, keeping prayer vigil and allowing each his/her process is having an effect – a powerful one.  “Good things” are happening – we just have to see the forest with the trees. 
Another question that is being answered for me is, “can I hold a vibration of unity while making an individual decision?  Can I come from oneness while playing the part of a unique individual?”  I believe the answer is “yes”.  If I come from an understanding of freedom and the right of each to have their belief, detaching from the outcome (which I can’t control) without disengaging from the process, then I can hold the sacred position that exists between the opposites.  I can come from unity while solving any unanswered dilemmas within myself, allowing the best possible outcome in the moment to emerge.
So…. from a higher vantage point I feel good about what’s going on in the world.  This doesn’t mean everything is “hunky-dory” in the trenches but it does mean transformation is happening.  It’s important for each of us to remain engaged consciously and energetically…we each have an impact…and as a very good friend of mine reminds me constantly…1 + 1 + 1 = 1000. 

Much love,

Karrie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment