Thursday, September 5, 2013

Another Choice...


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Another Choice…

This morning, I have been pondering Syria and the possible actions of the United States.  As I’ve said before, I find myself at a crossroads philosophically as well as in the evolution of my own consciousness.  For me, I don’t see how we cannot respond in some way.  What happens to one, happens to every – one.  We are all connected whether we’re aware or not.  And, if we agree that we really can’t ignore what’s happening in Syria (as well as other places, including our own “home”), then the next step becomes a question of how do we respond?

I’ve contemplated the consequences of continuing to meet violence with violence, coming to the conclusion that this only begets more of the same.  If we are to move beyond war then there comes a time when we have to begin the patterning of responding differently. 

For my own contemplation, I decided to break the situation down to a level to which I might be able to relate more realistically.  So, let’s liken this to a marriage where one partner is incredibly abusive and the other has succumbed to the “battered spouse syndrome”.  The battered spouse has become so disempowered that they don’t have the self-confidence/worth/power to stand up for themselves and/or remove themselves from the situation.  Anyone that has been on the outside of this type of situation knows that attempting to step in and handle it for the battered spouse, most of the time doesn’t work.  I once helped one such spouse move away from the abusive spouse on 4 separate occasions to find out a couple of weeks later (or less) that the abusive spouse had moved back in.  It wasn’t until the abused spouse made the commitment and found the appropriate support that she was able to make a different choice.  In this case, I probably would have been better off to energetically hold a “prayer vigil” of love and peace until the awareness of the two people expanded to include the idea that there was another possibility other than the one they were painfully playing out (which is what happened anyway).

So…back to Syria (and other such dilemmas at home and abroad).  Stepping in to militarily “whack” the abuser is only a short term reaction.  Somewhere along the line, if peace is to really occur, the sides involved are going to have to come to an acknowledgment of their freedom to co-exist.  Until that happens, the battle will continue with all its ugliness and atrocities.  However, what if the rest of the world surrounded Syria energetically (but physically would be awesome!) and held a vibration of Unity and the highest of light and love until they could rise to another level of consciousness?  Some might say this is a ridiculous notion…some would label it naïve….and others might recognize the ages old power of energetic collaboration with the Divine in the assistance of transformation. 

It’s apparent to me that the world is in a transition stage which eventually will lead to us making different choices.  The good news is…conversations are happening…decisions are no longer being made by one person…nations are thinking for themselves and not according to blind allegiance…military action as a first response is being called into question…and we’re beginning to think…differently.  We each have a decision to make when it comes to global events.  Whether or not we know it, what we think, feel and envision make a difference. 

As for me….I believe I have to respond….and I’m going to do so by staying energetically engaged…holding a space for Unity….Love…and peace as well as the consciousness of individual empowerment and responsibility in transforming our globally-felt experiences.  I hope you will join me.

In Unity and Love,

Karrie

No comments:

Post a Comment