Friday, December 27, 2013

In Gratitude for the Deepening of Freedom...


Friday, December 27, 2013

I have always believed marriage was something between hearts…a sacred agreement between souls.  I have always said I didn’t need voter permission or a piece of paper to legitimize love.  And though I still believe this to be true…I didn’t realize how important the right to marry…the freedom to marry…was to me…perhaps because I’ve never really had it. 

My partner and I have been spiritually married for almost 6 years…and yet were never able to bring that marriage into the material world – until now.  Yesterday, we grounded our relationship into the physical world in a civil ceremony at the county clerk’s office.  (There was another couple right before us who had been together for 38 years!)  I can’t put to words the emotions that bubbled up from somewhere deep inside me as we completed the application for a license…emotions accompanied by the kind of tears that only come from the core of who we are.  The only word that comes to mind is gratitude.  I felt no anger or resentment – or any feelings of a victim or “wounded” mentality – only gratitude.  

I am thankful for those who march…file suit…share their lives authentically…stand in the truth of who they are…call on the courage to share with their families…their friends…their churches…and within their cultures…I am thankful for the United States of America and its systems through which we are always pushing the envelope in the evolution and quest to uphold and expand our consciousness and freedom.  I am thankful for that which I did not have…because with its granting, comes a deeper appreciation for freedom…as well as an expanding acceptance and understanding of the right for each and every one of us to be who we are – regardless whether anyone agrees with us or not.

I strongly support the right of those whose opinions are in direct opposition to mine.  I support the right to disagree…as well as the freedom to voice our beliefs and worship how we feel called.  I support freedom.

It occurs to me that when we begin to support freedom…to really support freedom…we won’t have so many battles…or wars…so much hatred…and anger.  We won’t fear others who differ from us…and they won’t fear us.  We will recognize the beauty of each individual for who they are…and the expression of the one Consciousness they are bringing to life.

This morning, I give thanks…for where we’ve been…where we are…and where we’re going… Hearts are beginning to open…and love, truth and freedom are beginning to shine.

Much love,

Karrie          

No comments:

Post a Comment