Monday, December 24, 2012

Beyond the "Mayan Cliff" - Yahoo!


Monday, December 24, 2012

Well, we’re still here!  We have survived the “Mayan Cliff”.  I don’t know about you but I am releasing many a “Yahoo!” and “Woohoo-kachoo”!  I feel like we’ve entered a time of great promise only limited by our self-created boundaries. 

The past several years – and especially this last year in particular – have been marked with radical purification processes.  From politics to human-initiated tragedy to natural disasters and more, our hearts have been ripped open time and time again, making room for the love, light and promise of a new eon.

Last night, my partner and I hosted our weekly program - Daring to Live Outloud! - on Blog Talk Radio.  Our guests were 4 young women, ages 14 to 23.  The topic was “next steps” as we move forward after the shooting tragedy in Connecticut.  All I can say is “WOW….”  I smiled through the entire show.  Oddly, I felt an enormous sense of “relief”.  As I went a little deeper with this feeling, I realized it was coming from “relief” that the world was in such good hands.  In fact, tears are coming to my eyes now as I remember it.  I invite each of you to listen to the show if you haven’t.  (www.blogtalkradio.com; search: konsciouskonnection; click on the most recent show) It’s inspiring to hear such wisdom and authenticity in the voices of those whose time has come. 

It becomes clear in listening to our young people that love, respect, communication and support for our uniqueness are among the guiding principles as we move forward into the new world beyond the “Mayan Cliff”.  The question becomes how do we create systems that support these principles?  The old systems do not.  Many of our current systems are based in shadow competition…right/wrong…. good/bad…and a “success” that is defined by forces outside ourselves.  It seems imperative that in order to assist with the prevention of tragic life-extinguishing violence initiated by those who feel excluded from the narrow definition of “acceptable”, we must expand our consciousness and celebrate the unique gift each human being is to this world.

I don’t know about you but I am absolutely ecstatic about the possibilities for 2013!  I wish each and every one of you a peaceful, relaxing and joyous end to the infamously transformational 2012 and an invigorating, love-filled, dream-made-manifest 2013.

Much love,

Karrie

No comments:

Post a Comment