Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In Gratitude...


Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A couple of days ago, I drove by a hillside area that had been scorched by fire a few days before.  What I found absolutely amazing was that in the midst of all the ashes and burnt remains of grasses and small trees was the now out-of-place brilliance of several untouched homes; Homes which in all likelihood would be gone without the service and protection of the local firefighters.  Suddenly, I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the service these courageous men and women selflessly provide. 

This morning, I dropped off a little sliced apple and cheese tray (which I picked up at the local grocery store, of course!) and shared my heartfelt thank you.  As I was leaving, it occurred to me how often I don’t acknowledge people for the contribution they make in this world.  Whether firefighters, police, doctors, nurses, teachers, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, hairdressers, secretaries, the drive-thru attendant at McDonald’s, the garbage collectors, friends, neighbors, family or the homeless, how often do I really acknowledge the contribution each makes?  How often do I thank them for their existence?  Each and every being plays a part in this world, and each deserves to be noticed, right? 

Today, I am choosing to be more conscious about celebrating and acknowledging the existence of my fellow human beings.  Whether it’s stated out loud or said through a connection with the eyes, I feel called to boogie (don’t know where that came from!) and share a little love.

Love ya!

Karrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment